Sunday, May 31, 2009

wind gap, pa

20.5 miles, 1268.0 total.
hitched a ride out of palmerton early and was back on the trail at 7:30.
marched straight up out of lehigh gap. ALL rocks and all jagged; some small like grapefruits and some large like volkswagons! had to put away hiking poles and crawl up and over most of it. took about 30 minutes to go 1/2 mile, and then it got flat and the rocks got smaller but there were more of them. went on for another few miles. took a couple breaks but mostly just walked her rocks. also, it was dry and the only water sources were quite a hike off the trail. ran out of water early in the afternoon so I slowed a bit and decided to stop here for the night. stating a gateway motel which is run by Good Pete, friend of the trail. resting and hydrating for tomorrow. if it doesn't get worse I will turn it up a bit so I can make ny by Friday. can wait.
ooooh, saw a big black snake laying across the trail today. he wouldn't move, just hissed at me. so I took some pics and walked slowly around him.
later,
L


-- Post From My iPhone