Saturday, May 30, 2009

palmerton, pa municipal bldg

sunny, sunny, sunny!
woke up early and sun was out so I hung all my stuff to see if I could dry it a little.
hit the trail at 8:15 with dry but stinky clothes.
the trail got worse. very rocky, including a 1/4 mile section called the Knife Edge. it was a high ridge of pointy jagged boulders. was so happy I made it over the Edge that I fell on smaller rocks and tore up my shin. good job! cleaned it up and. key going.
met a southbounder who said next two days are even worse.
got to he highway leading into Palmerton and hitched a ride to the police station. the city runs a free hiker hostel in the basement of their city hall/court building. we get to sleep under the court room and shower in the locker room of the police gymnasium. how cool is that? everyone in town has been really friendly and helpful. anyway, did laundry and bought groceries. should be ready for the next few days.
here with the cincy boys and the brit.
later,
L

-- Post From My iPhone