Saturday, May 9, 2009

front royal, va

13.4 miles, 959.6 total.
the 5 NOBO sectioners were up am noisy at 5:30. ugh. so I got up and was on the trail before they were even done with breakfast.
sun was out and it was cool. nice hiking weather. up and over two 3400 ft. peaks within the first two hours. final 9 miles were all downhill to the highway leading into front royal. the very last part of the trail went behind a bunch of sketchy looking houses with big mean looking dogs. so I was almost running. don't need another dog bite.
I decided to hitch a ride 3 miles into town instead of walk. a guy with a gotee and university of Virginia cap driving a pick up towing a boat picked me up and drove me quickly into town. nice guy. taking two days here then back out.
later,
L


-- Post From My iPhone