Sunday, May 17, 2009

dahlgren campground, md

17.3 miles, 1030.7 total.
Kandra left on a 12:00 train today and I hit the trail.
right away I met 4 other thru hikers. two are from ks, so we had something to chat about for most of the afternoon. most of the day was flat with lots of rocks.
one of the others has a fold out chart with Appalachian animals' pictures and descriptions. we were able to find put that a snake I saw about a week ago (and took a piccture of) was a small copper head. I think I need to be more careful out here. when I took the picture I was singing to the snake because he looked kinda cute and fake. but he was poisonous. idiot.
we're tenting at this campground that is right next to the trail and equipped with toilets, showers, and a sink for washing dishes. nice.
oh yeah, I'm in Maryland now. so far: Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland now.
later,
L



-- Post From My iPhone