Monday, June 1, 2009

mohican outdoor center, NJ

26.1 miles, 1294.1 total.
was up and on the trail by 7:15 today and ready for any last rocky challenges PA wanted to throw at me. wasn't really that bad. I was moving very well and didn't even realize it was under the 3 hour mark when I reached the last PA shelter - 9 miles from my starting pt. took a break there and had some fruit that I picked up in wind gap. it's well worth the weight on the first day out of town.
6 miles later I was in Delaware Water Gap, PA and about to cross over into NJ when I felt a little wave of sadness. I'll really miss all those steelers fans. but that's all!!
hello new jersey. 10 miles later I arrived here, an outdoor center with a lake, cabins, trails, camp sites, etc. thru hikers stay for free and can shower for $3. who needs a shower? I just showered yesterday and that should be enough to get me through the entire week. But man, I could really use a manicure! forecast calls for 30% chance of showers tonight and the clouds are rolling in now. my food is in the bear box and I'm all set up in the tent. good for the night. thing I hate about these places is the tent sites are so close together. I can hear the hiker eating at the site next to me. it's like being in an apartment in NYC, but nobody out here breaks out an ironing board at 3:00 AM - like some friends I have. :)
later,
L


-- Post From My iPhone