Tuesday, May 12, 2009

dick's dome shelter

15.2 miles, 974.8 total.
got a ride from the motel back to the trail around 10 from a friendly local I met at the grocery store. wow. all these free rides from strangers and nothing bad has happened yet. uh-oh..shouldn't have thought that. goocher.
terrain was way flat but very very green and loads of trees and bushes. great weather for hiking today. in the 70's with a nice cool breeze. passed several section hikers included two young guys with packs weighing over 60 lbs. each. they were moving very very slow.
saw several garter snakes and deer today. also a small ring neck snake, I think. it was all black with a yellow ring around its neck and some yellow on its belly.
even with the late start I made the miles by 4 an decided to relax and rest my feet.
later,
L

-- Post From My iPhone