Tuesday, May 19, 2009

fayettville, pa

22.8 miles, 1072.3 total.
another cold night, but we built a big fire and put the tents nearby. it burned all night and gave off a little heat. it also illuminated a small fox that was walking around our tents at about 3:00 am.
got started around 8:30. 5 miles into the day I crossed the mason-dixon line and into Pennsylvania. pa has a reputation for being really really rocky, and it has already started living up to it. all day I was climbing or hopping over and around rocks/boulders. ugh.
so, one reason for my weight loss is probably lack of food. I'm still not eating enough. so I've been trying to do better. the result: I'm not as hungry all the time but I'm also out of the food that I had planned to have for 5 days. it's only day 3. so I had to hitch into fayettville to restock. I found a really cheap motel that only takes cash. uh-huh. but it is next to a market and a restaurant that serves pizza, Italian, and Mexican fare. what a combo. staying in town tonight and then hitting the trail again tomorrow with a full food bag.

later,
L
-- Post From My iPhone