Sunday, April 19, 2009

pine swamp branch shelter

yesterday I took a zero day in p-burg.
19.3 miles, 645.2 total.
bad on the trail today, around 8:30. a $#%*^£ Dog bit the back of my knee on the way out of town. it broke the skin but isn't too bad since it had to bite through my knee brace before getting to me. stupid redneck lady sitting on her porch having coffee didn't seem to care that her dog was attacking me. almost stabbed it with my trekking pole.
after that it was a great hike. straight up right out of town and then some great views for the next 10 miles as I walked a rocky ledge overlooking valleys and other mountains. just after having lunch I walked around a giant boulder and found the karma police eating with d'leader on the edge of a meadow. they followed me the rest of the day to the shelter and we're all here for the night. looks like I'll be hiking with them for the next several days. someone left a cheesy paperback novel here. it's about a futuristic Rambo type guy and we took turns reading segments out loud. very funny. can't wait until tomorrow night or the next to hear the ending.
one of the karma guys saw a bear this morning and I saw about 5 white tail deer this afternoon. we also saw several more snakes today. I'm not good at spotting them; can't wait until I step on one!!!
man, can't believe that dog bit me.
later,
L


-- Post From My iPhone