Sunday, April 5, 2009

Damascus, VA

10.2 miles, 463 total.
got an early start thanks to the noisy scouts and busy bugs (gnats). packed up and was on the trail by 7:30. mostly downhill with only a few little ups. I crossed into Virginia around 9:30 and got into town before 11:00 AM. very easy quick hike.
staying at the Hiker's Inn Hostel with 5 other hikers. this town is small but very busy. a lot of hikers stop here and there is a major VA bike trail (Virginia creeper trail) that goes through town so I've seen a bunch of cyclists.
nobody can help me with my stitching needs, so the guys at Mt. Rogers Outfitters called ULA, the company that makes my backpack, to explain what was happening with the pack. Brian, ULA Owner, talked to me and apologized for the problems. he's shipping me a new pack tomorrow and it will be sent to Atkins, VA, my next stop. very cool. I think my tent will hold up for now - I restitched it with thread provided by the hostel owner.  I've decided I need to get new shoes - mine are worn out already. I hate buying shoes.
taking a zero day tomorrow to relax and see if the weather gets any better.
later,
L

-- Post From My iPhone