Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Jenkins shelter

19 miles, 571.3 total.
got up early and took my time getting ready but I was still on the trail by 8:00. very long day. there were several difficult and rocky climbs in the cold rain. didn't get above 45 all day, and I'm sure these conditions aren't helping my feet; although, they do seem better than yesterday. maybe these shoes are finally breaking in. climbed over 2000 feet in less than 4 miles during the morning and them walked along a rocky ridge most of the afternoon before more climbs. probably some great views if I were not in the clouds. it stopped raining for about 2 hours in the afternoon and then started again right before I got to the shelter at 4:30.
here with leadfoot - an old man I met in atkins at a restaurant. he just told me a story about a guy he met in atkins who is also from NYC - ME! jeez. the karma police are also here tonight. starting to like them. tomorrow is either medium-14 or long-24 and rainy. how I feel.
later,
L

-- Post From My iPhone