Tuesday, April 21, 2009

niday shelter

18.2 miles, 676.1 total.
oh what a difference a day makes. today was wonderful. all types of weather; rain, sunshine, sleet, hail, more rain, and more sunshine.
had a big climb early and several streams to cross. then most of the day I walked a ledge that was basically one gigantic boulder after another, for about 5 miles. it was incredible. great views on both sides of the ridge. had to stop for about 30 minutes while it rained because the rocks were too slick to walk on...about fell several times. also went through farmland in a valley today. had to go through some pastures, including one that had a broken fence between it and the next field. the next field contained a bunch of donkeys. hee-haw! one saw me and burst through the opening in the fence and chased me to the other side of the field. yes, I was chased by an ass. kind of felt like being at mcmanus and having some weirdo talk to me all night. a farmer in a pickup who was driving by was laughing so hard he had to pull over to the side of the road. he did ask if I was okay. jeez. later I scared about 12 deer who were eating in a meadow and they took off in all directions before I could take any pictures.
my feet feel much better today. yea! still thinking about the food issue - have a few days before I need to resupply.
warmer weather is nice. I've been washing my shirt and socks each night in a stream or spring and then hanging them to dry before bed. still smelly, but not as bad as before. tomorrow is either big miles or little miles. see how I feel and what the weather is like.
here at the shelter by myself for now. nice and quiet.
later,
L


-- Post From My iPhone