Friday, April 17, 2009

pearisburg, va

16.6 miles, 625.9 total.
another beautiful day. was up and out of camp by 7:45. really big 1500 ft climb right at the start. ugh. it was tough; really rocky and steep. no gradual inclines today. at times I was hopping from big rock to big rock walking the trail. saw several turkey hunters ON the trail today. that's illegal. and scary. didn't see any turkeys. gobble gobble!!
after the climb I walked a ridge the rest of the way. had some great views of the valleys with farms and small towns. then it was straight down into p-burg. really, straight down. very tough on the knees. but I made it.
here at the plaza motor inn. $37 a night and some lady comes by each day, picks up my laundry, and brings it back clean. cool. like living with my parents again. already stopped at dairy queen for a blizzard! tomorrow I'll get groceries early and decide if I will hang out another day or hit the trail again.
later,
L



-- Post From My iPhone