Thursday, April 30, 2009

Paul c Wolfe shelter

29.5 miles, 847.5 total.
had no idea this morning when I woke up that I would hike 30 miles today. my feet are mad right now.
got up around 6:00 to the same mist and fog that was here last night. distances of shelters were 7.5, 13.7, and 29.5. not much to choose from, and it turns out there weren't any camping spots (or any spots without rocks) during the last section. so I just walked and walked. about 25 yards from the last shelter I was crossing a stream/river and fell into it! I tried to stop my fall and snapped my hiking pole as I crashed onto the water. I bruised my frorearm and cut my leg...and got really wet. ha. tough day for 30 miles. up and down and up and down all day. only 5 miles into waynesboro, va tomorrow where I'll take 2 days off. I need to rest my feet. the new shoes I bought in daleville are great, but the higher mileage days are still rough on the feet.
later, L



-- Post From My iPhone