Tuesday, June 16, 2009

riga lean-to

19.8 miles, 1492.7 total.
man, it was buggy last night. had to totally enclose myself in the bag to keep away from flying little critters.
left this morning at 8. was a beautiful day and the trail was nice too. a couple of steep rocky climbs made it challenging in the afternoon, but still nice. worst part of the day was a long detour due to bridge construction. I had to walk down a small winding road for about 3 miles. I don't think the locals were happy with hikers on their road. they kept giving me dirty looks. also, walked by a small race track. looks like a private place where rich guys can take their own cars and zoom around at high speeds. hehe.
here by myself at a wonderful site. on the edge of a 1700 foot "mountain" overlooking valleys and other peaks. will be cool and dry tonight. no bugs so far. another nice day expected tomorrow and then 4-5 days of rain...again.
later,
L


-- Post From My iPhone