Saturday, June 27, 2009

big branch shelter

16.5 miles, 1657.1 total.
took my time leaving town this morning. it was overcast and rainy, so I wasn't in a hurry to get out again. made it back to the trail around 11:00.
it was raining pretty hard for about an hour and then it stopped and actually cleared up a bit. the rain held off for the rest of the day. yea!!!
went over bromley mtn., styles peak, peru peak, and baker peak. very nice hiking and the trail wasn't too messy. I passed a couple very buggy shelters and one that burned down in 2006 - you can still tent there though. got to this shelter around 5:00, and am here with two south bound section hikers from Boston. there's a very nice river running in front of the shelter. was able to soak my feet for a little bit tonight, and also was able to dry and air out my tent. it smells like a wet dog. it was nice to be dry when I was done hiking today. almost a new feeling. overall, a very nice Saturday.
later,
L


-- Post From My iPhone