Thursday, June 11, 2009

RPH shelter

18.8 miles, 1417.7 total.
didn't get started until almost 9 today...was raining cats and dogs. I was soaked with rain and sweat by 10. stupid glasses fell off and are even scratched more. bigger nerd.
trail has actually been nice. good climbs and nice terrain, but the rain is a pain. hiked through Fahnstock state park - Kandra and I hiked this section a few years ago. it's in much better condition now - even when wet, but still has as many mosquitos.
took a couple of breaks in the rain, which is never fun, because there was nowhere else to sit. only on a wet rock under a dripping tree. yippee!
this shelter might have been someone's garage in a former life. almost completely enclosed - back is open and there is an actual front door. has six bunks and a nice covered porch with a picnic table. here with another thru. name is .2 or point two or two tenths. too tired to ask about it, and my knee is killing me tonight.

later,
L


-- Post From My iPhone