Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Monson, ME - Shaw's Hiker Hostel

17.9 miles, 2063.8 total.
early start today because we were excited about making our last official trail town stop.  town time is always exciting!
the trail was awful again today. very muddy and wet. several times my poles sunk into the ground up to their handles. I'm surprised I haven't snapped them in half yet.
nothing spectacular today other than the fact that of didn't rain until we were done hiking. very nice.
staying at Shaw's, a famous hostel - among hikers. they offer a $7 all you can eat breakfast. you order by giving them one number - 1,2,3,4,5,etc. the number is how many of each item you will receive. if you order 3: you get 3 eggs, 3 blueberry pancakes, 3 pieces of bacon, 3 sausage links, and 3 scoops of hash-browns. wow.
tomorrow I will begin the 100 mile wilderness. it's touted as the most remote stretch of the entire trail. then it's just about 15 miles to the finish!

later,
L

-- Post From My iPhone