Thursday, July 16, 2009

gull pond lodge - rangeley, me

9.4 miles, 1958.3 total.
left camp at 8:00 knowing we only had about 10 miles to go to rangeley. I ran out of water treatment last night, my pole bent a little more while I was trying to keep from falling into a giant mud hole, and I'm almost out of insect repellent, so I need to go to an outfitter. rangeley is the last trail town with anything close to an outfitter. they also have a big grocery store, so we're going to buy extra groceries and mail them ahead to a post office on the trail. that way we don't have to go to another town until monson.
stating at this hostel that is completely filled with NOBO hikers. looks like I'm in a big pack - that hasn't happened much.
getting closer. have two really tough days coming up - big climbs - then things flatten out a bit.

later,
L


-- Post From My iPhone