Sunday, July 5, 2009

hikers welcome hostel

14.6 miles, 1779.8 total.
tonto was up very early to get a head start on the big climb, and he slipped and fell outside the privy...and knocked himself out when his head hit the ground. nobody noticed until he had been gone for 30 minutes. then he came around the corner shaky and woozy. one of the other hikers checked him out and made sure he was ok. we tried to get him to sit for a while but he took off down the trail. it turns out he is ok, but it just goes to show you that every step is important and dangerous out here.
I went up mt cube and had very nice views because it was actually sunny today!! it was a tough climb up a lot of quartz-like rocks that were jagged and slippery. I caught up with tonto in the afternoon and he looked okay. I decided to stay here at the hostel to make sure i've got everything I need or the White Mountains. also, I need to do laundry. it seems very laid back here...and cheap. only $15 for the night including a shower and load of laundry. cool. it was very nice today - until tonight when it started to rain again. ugh.

later,
L


-- Post From My iPhone