Sunday, March 15, 2009

spence field shelter

cold and wet again. and what a cold night. stayed in my bag from 6:30 pm to 9:00 am. put on my wet pants an started out again. the trail conditions are horrible today-muddy and sloshy. I felt like I took a step and a half just to go one step. it's very tiring to try and keep your footing all day. only went about 6 miles in 5 hours before calling it quits. about my slowest pace yet.
the shelter is right next to a big field surrounded by trees. lots of color up here. yellows, greens, reds, and even some blues. think I got some good pics with the camera today. the shelter is very nice with a fire place and sleeps 12. here with d'leader, one stick, and a couple of local sectioners. think I'm startin' to get me a twang - cause uh awl tha talkin' to these here locals I been doin.
hehe.
tomorrow I'll probably try to get in 11-16 miles if it's not raining. should be a little nicer tomorrow afternoon. my stomach feels a little better but it's still acting up a bit.
later,
L


-- Post From My iPhone