Saturday, February 28, 2009

gooch mtn shelter 15.8 mi total, 13.0 day.

day 2. holy cow. it started raining at 3 am and didn't stop until after 3pm. since i wasn't set up on completely flat ground there was water coming into my tent until i made some adjustments around 3:30 am.  wet and foggy and cold. yuck. met 3 guys from fla who are hiking for the weekend and then met jessica, charles, (both from Texas) will,(from upstate ny) and another guy whose name I can't remember (from Maine). all thru hikers. we all spent the night at gooch mountain. I slept in the shelter because it was so rainy. chased mice all night as they ran around us and over us - ick. I hiked from 8:30 to 4:30 over some pretty rough terrain and made a total of almost 13 miles. not bad. didn't think I could do that. raining again this morning and I need another 13 to get to next shelter. bad thing is that I'm sure I'm missing great scenery because of the rain and mist and fog.
hike on.
later.


-- Post From My iPhone