Wednesday, July 1, 2009

happy hill shelter

20.4 miles, 1730.7 total.
rained and rained all night, and was still raining in the morning. the trail was very wet and muddy again, but it went over some new terrain. I went through forests, over hilltops, and through farmland. I even passed the Vermont "Inn" that they say inspired The Newhart Show. it was all very nice. there was even a wooden lawn chair on top of one of the bigger hills. so I sat and took a nice little wet break. in the afternoon the trail went through a small town, West Hartford, and I stopped at the local deli to have a sandwich and buy some special snacks for tonight. bought an orange soda, some apples, and pringles. got here around 5:30. still drizzling and my stuff is all wet again.
here with 2 section hikers from last night, Tonto (retiree) and High Octane (Alaska school teacher).

later,
L

-- Post From My iPhone